The Community Research and Database Programme (CRDP) focuses mainly on the development, updating, provision and storage of community level data to be used as the basis for planning, policy/project development and evaluation.
The Social Development Commission combines traditional quantitative research with qualitative or participatory research methods to collect the required information primarily at a community level. Information can also be collected either at the district level, areas of poverty or within any geographical area including Development Area and Parish levels.
The goal of the programme is to “Establish and maintain a database of community listings, maps and profiles comprising spatial, social, economic, governance and environmental information as the basis for planning”.
- Contribute to the knowledge of the socio-economic situations of communities; manifestations of poverty and development challenges being faced by the communities
- To provide disaggregated data to inform policy and programme design at the local and national levels Increase partnership in community development planning
- Facilitate informed development planning at the local level
- Influence targeted service delivery to community based on the real needs of the community
The following are the five key outputs generated under the programme:
- Defined Borders and Boundaries and Community/District Name Listings
- Profiles – The main output of the programme is the development of community profiles. A community profile is a document that provides useful information on the community in terms of population, economic structure and activity, social services, community organization and participation, and the felt needs of the community. Profiles are also generated at the District, Development Area and Parish levels, and are produced as a Summary or Full Profiles.
- Listings – Under the Community Research and Database Programme the SDC generates and updates nine Listings for each community. These include
- Community Based Organizations (CBO) Listing
- Community Development Committee (CDC) Listing
- Development Area Committee (DAC) Listing
- Faith Based Organizations Listings
- Educational Institutions Listings
- Projects Listings
- Stakeholders Listing
- Community Centre
- Playfields Listing
- Community Asset /Thematic Maps
- Staff training