- Development Area: Christiana
- Constituency: Central Manchester
- Districts: 0
- North: Allison, Walderston-NW
- South: Bellefield-SE, Walderston-SW
- Member of Parlaiment: Peter Bunting
- Councillor: Brenda Ramsey
COMMUNITY PRIORITY ISSUES
- High levels of adult (25yrs and over) unemployment.
- High levels of youth (15-24yrs) unemployment
- Limited/no opportunity for training and employment
- Low skill levels
- Low water pressure/lack of water supply.
Number of Active Community Based Organizations: 9
|Estimated Population Size||1036|
|Estimated Number of Households||296|
|Average Households Size||3.5|
|% Households headed by males||67|
|% Households headed w/o academic qualification||66|
|% Households headed by unemployed persons||46|
Age sex distribution of population
|15 - 24||15||7||11|
|25 - 29||3||3||3|
|30 - 64||22||22||22|
Social and physical ameneties
72% of houses constructed from concrete and block, and 22% from concrete and wood. 65% of respondents own the land on which they live, and 23% reside on land which is rented.
96% of residents receive water from private catchments, and 2% receive their water from public standpipes. 93% of residents use electricity for lighting.
Telephone service is utilized by 98% of households with 86% utilizing cellular phones and 14% using a combination of cellular and landline telephones.
85% of households have their garbage collected by a truck. 61% of households utilized pit latrine facilities