- Development Area: Darliston
- Constituency: Central
- Districts: 3
- North: Barneyside
- West: Haddo
- South: Mt. Stewart
- East: Knockalva
- Member of Parlaiment: Hon. Roger Clarke
- Councillor: Mr. Bernard Vanriel
COMMUNITY PRIORITY ISSUES
- High levels of adult unemployment (25yrs and over)
- High levels of youth unemployment (14-24 years)
- Limited/No opportunity for training & employment
- Poor roads
- Negative perception/stigma of the community
Number of Active Community Based Organizations: 7
|Estimated Population Size||1140|
|Estimated Number of Households||285|
|Average Households Size||4|
|% Households headed by males||67.6|
|% Households headed w/o academic qualification||62.7|
|% Households headed by unemployed persons||55.74|
Age sex distribution of population
|15 - 24||8.5||11.5||10|
|25 - 29||3.2||2.5||2.85|
|30 - 64||17.1||18.7||17.9|
Social and physical ameneties
59.3% of houses were made from boards, while 29.1% were made from blocks 82.7%of the houses were owned by occupants and 59% owned the land on which they lived.
95.7% of the households received water from private catchment. Approximately 95.7% of residents used electricity for lighting.
Telephone services utilized by 97.8% residents; of those with telephone services8% used cellular phones and 2.2% used both landlines and mobile phones.
Burning (97.8%) was the most common method of garbage disposal. 74.8% of households utilized pit latrine.