- Development Area: Darliston
- Constituency: Eastern Westmoreland
- Districts: 6
- North: Bethel Town/Cambridge
- West: Struie/Barneyside
- South: Belvedere
- East: Seaford Town and Amity/Retrieve
- Member of Parlaiment: Hon. Luther Buchanan
- Councillor: Mr. Cebert McFarlane, Mr. Danree Delancy
COMMUNITY PRIORITY ISSUES
- Low water pressure/no water supply
- Poor Roads
- High levels of adult employment (25 years and over)
- High levels of youth employment (14-24 years)
- Poor Parenting
Number of Active Community Based Organizations: 5
|Estimated Population Size||884|
|Estimated Number of Households||273|
|Average Households Size||3.2|
|% Households headed by males||64.7|
|% Households headed w/o academic qualification||58.8|
|% Households headed by unemployed persons||74.1|
Age sex distribution of population
|15 - 24||7.8||7.3||7.55|
|25 - 29||2.3||3.0||2.65|
|30 - 64||19.1||17.4||18.25|
Social and physical ameneties
41.8% of houses were made from boards, while 38.5% were made from blocks. 75%of the houses were owned by occupants and 52.9% owned the land on which they lived.
77.2% of the households received water from private catchment and 25.7% access water from public standpipe. Approximately 79.4% of residents used electricity for lighting.
Telephone services utilized by 90.4% of the residents in which the majority used cellular phones.
Burning (77.2%) was the most common method of garbage disposal. 61% of households utilized pit latrine.