- Development Area: Darliston
- Constituency: Eastern Westmoreland
- Districts: 3
- North: Ashton
- West: New Road
- South: New Road
- East: New Road
- Member of Parlaiment: Hon. Luther Buchanan
- Councillor: Mr. Cebert McFarlane
COMMUNITY PRIORITY ISSUES
- Low water pressure/no water supply
- High levels of unemployment and youth unemployment
- Limited access to required amenities
- Poor representation by elected political leaders
- Poor roads
Number of Active Community Based Organizations: 1
|Estimated Population Size||343|
|Estimated Number of Households||127|
|Average Households Size||2.7|
|% Households headed by males||72|
|% Households headed w/o academic qualification||72.9|
|% Households headed by unemployed persons||11|
Age sex distribution of population
|15 - 24||8.3||7.2||7.75|
|25 - 29||4.3||3.5||3.9|
|30 - 64||20.7||14.4||17.55|
Social and physical ameneties
73.2% of houses were made from boards, while 18.1% were made from blocks and 8.7% from blocks and boards. 92.1%of the houses were owned by occupants and 89% owned the land on which they lived, while 5.5% were renting. Another 3% were leasing and 2.4% lived on family owned land.
82.4% of the households received water from private catchment and 11.8% access water from public catchment. Approximately 70.9% of residents used electricity for lighting.
Telephone services utilized by 93% of the residents in which the majority used cellular phones.
Burning (75.6%) was the most common method of garbage disposal. 86.6% of households utilized pit latrine and 17.9% used water closet linked to sewer.