- Development Area: Mandeville
- Constituency: Central Manchester
- Districts: 3
- North: Royal Flat-NE, Georges Valley-NW
- South: Comfort-SE, Old England-SW
- Member of Parlaiment: Peter Bunting
- Councillor: Goyfield Harrison
COMMUNITY PRIORITY ISSUES
- Poor representation by political directorates
- Low water pressure/lack of water supply
- Limited/no opportunities for training and employment
- High levels of adult (25yrs and over) unemployment.
- Poor parenting
Number of Active Community Based Organizations: 3
|Estimated Population Size||1370|
|Estimated Number of Households||571|
|Average Households Size||2.4|
|% Households headed by males||56|
|% Households headed w/o academic qualification||27.5|
|% Households headed by unemployed persons||29|
Age sex distribution of population
|15 - 24||7.9||11.5||9.7|
|25 - 29||1.4||2.9||2.15|
|30 - 64||21.6||21.7||21.65|
Social and physical ameneties
87% of houses were constructed from concrete and block. 86% of respondents own the land on which they live.
93% of residents received water from private catchments, 36.8 received water from spring/river/streams and 10.5% get their water from public standpipes. 94.7% of residents utilized electricity for lighting.
Telephone service is utilized by96% of households.
91.2% of households have their garbage collected by a truck. 26.3% of households utilized pit latrine toilet facilities.