- Development Area: Savanna- La-Mar
- Constituency: Central Westmoreland
- Districts: 7
- North: Strathbogie and Chantilly
- West: Sav Buisness Dist, Chantilly and Strathbogie
- South: Russia & Caribbean Sea
- East: Ferris
- Member of Parlaiment: Mr. Roger Clarke
- Councillor: Mr. Bernard Vanreil and Mr. Devon Thomas
COMMUNITY PRIORITY ISSUES
- High levels of adult unemployment (25 years and over)
- High levels of illiteracy and low level of numeracy
- Low skill level
- Poor Roads
- Perception /negative stigma attached to the community
Number of Active Community Based Organizations: 5
|Estimated Population Size||3306|
|Estimated Number of Households||110|
|Average Households Size||3.0|
|% Households headed by males||47.7|
|% Households headed w/o academic qualification||50.4|
|% Households headed by unemployed persons||36.9|
Age sex distribution of population
|15 - 24||8.1||11.4||9.75|
|25 - 29||3.9||5.9||4.9|
|30 - 64||17.3||17.5||17.4|
Social and physical ameneties
54.8% of houses were made from boards, while 26.6% were made from blocks and 15.9% from blocks and boards. 85.6% of the houses were owned by occupants and 23.3% owned the land on which they lived and a similar distribution lived on captured land.
68.5% of the households received public water piped into yard and 41.4% accessed public water piped into dwelling. Close to 93% of residents used electricity for lighting and 4.5% utilized kerosene lamp.
Telephone services utilized by 97.3% of the residents in which the majority used cellular phones.
Garbage was picked up for close to 74% of the households. 37.8% of households utilized pit latrine and a similar distribution used Water Closets not linked to sewer.