- Group Name: Aviola Accessories
- Project Name: Aviola Accessories
- Type of Venture: Fashion & manufacturing Industry
- Start Date: September 2012
Description of Project:Description of Venture: The concept for Aviola emerged from Melissa’s recognition of the abundance of plastic bottles in the community and the negative impact on the environment. As an avid believer in recycling and observing that not many people were practising it, she conducted research and discovered the business potential in utilizing these wasted bottles. Hence the birth of her business “AVIOLA ACCESSORIES”; Aviola specialises in the creation of handcrafted and machine-made male and female accessories, fashioned from recycled Polyethylene (PET) [plastic] bottles and brass and copper wire. She explores all the possibilities in creating unique fashion accessories that are chic, affordable and eco-friendly. She encourages everyone to reduce, reuse and recycle. Currently, the business’s line of accessories includes jewellery such as necklaces, bracelets, earrings and rings, slipper accents and foot/sandal jewellery
Aim of the Venture:
- To grow the Aviola brand to be recognizable internationally as an authentic and unique company that produces fashionable Jamaican accessories.
- To increase production and market share by 10 %
- To employ 2 full time person in 3 years time
To establish a successful environmentally friendly business that will be a household brand known for producing quality jewellery and accessories to local and international customers.
To develop linkage with environmentally friendly organization while utilize recycled plastic products to create valuable fashionable products that are marketable to all customers
|Currently Employs||1 Person|
NeedsAdditional equipment and larger manufacturing studio
ChallengesFunding to acquire machinery and equipment
ContactsMs. Melissa Preddie;