Balaclava Women’s Group
- Group Name: Balaclava Women’s Group
- Project Name: Balaclava Women’s Group
- Type of Venture: Soft Furnishing
- Start Date: January 2010
Description of Project:Description of Venture: This business venture caters to the women of the Balaclava Baptist church. They make handcraft items such as sheet sets, cushions, towels and other items.
Aim of the Venture:To produce handmade items aimed at ensuring continuity of life skills.
- To ensure transfer of life skills from the elderly to the younger generation
- To produce and market high quality hand crafted sheet sets and cushions to consumers.
To be known for making the best Jamaica handmade products for the bed & bathroom and settee.
To improve the economic welfare and quality of life for women in the community of Balaclava and Jamaica who are employed to through the Women’s Group.
|Currently Employs||Part-time: 15 Persons|
NeedsTo get more persons involved in the initiative
ChallengesFunding to assist with expansion and acquiring new equipment
ContactsMrs. Sonia Clarke,
* Data was compiled from socio-economic survey conducted by SDC, 2009. A comprehensive community profile of Rose Heights Community can be obtained at the St. James 1 Albion Road, Montego Bay, St. James.