Flower Corner Ginger Project
- Group Name: Flower Corner Ginger Project
- Project Name: Flower Corner Ginger Project
- Type of Venture: Protective Agriculture
- Start Date: January, 2012
Description of Project:Description of Venture: Two shade houses 100*30 feet each with a fall pump house and four 1000 gallon water tanks.
Aim of the Venture:To supply the community farmers with clean ginger plants to reduce the rhizome rots disease that is prevalent in Jamaica.
Objectives:To produce clean material for sale to local community members and to go in to end product exportation.
To eliminate the rhizome rot disease in ginger through protective farming.
To enable young professionals to farm as close as possible to nature and to enable members of the community to better their lives by farming smarter.
|Currently Employs||Ten (10) group members work on scheduleD days and two (2) Persons seasonally Persons|
Needs• Water storage facility
• Funding to aide in the construction of a processing facility to offer value-added products of ginger
Challenges• Regular domestic water
• The rapid destruction of the grow bags
ContactsTyrone Jerome Delano
Williamson Robertson Malcolm
532-2936 328 7225 432-6176
* Data was compiled from socio-economic survey conducted by SDC, 2009. A comprehensive community profile of Rose Heights Community can be obtained at the St. James 1 Albion Road, Montego Bay, St. James.