New Horizons Christian Outreach Ministries Machinery Design and Development Economic Project
- Group Name: New Horizons Christian Outreach Ministries
- Project Name: New Horizons Christian Outreach Ministries Machinery Design and Development Economic Project
- Type of Venture: Machinery Design and Development
- Start Date: February 2007
Description of Project:Programme provides training in Counter Top production, Welding & Fabrication, Electrical Installation & Maintenance for 50 young men (level 1) and 25 otherz who are currently enrolled in (level II). The focus is on activities to include but is not limited to: glass & plastic bottle recycling, castor bean processing, labeling and packaging. The highlight of this training facility is that the machinery used for processing the castor beans, recycling glass and plastic bottles are designed and developed on site by the students.
Aim of the project:
- To create sustained employment for as many persons as possible.
- To offer concurrent technical training leading to increased technical competencies.
- To market and trade machinery, products and services locally and island-wide.
- To continually widen the offerings of this community in terms of products.
- To include literacy and numeracy training into the training of persons.
- To leverage the project towards greater collaboration among stakeholders from adjoining districts
- To greatly impact in a positive way, the environmental conditions faced by the districts.
- To set up a plastic and glass recycling center in the short term
- To encourage growing of castor beans and other Agro products for sale to the Training processing plant
- To process castor beans into castor oil employing trained and also untrained persons from the Community
To transform and strengthen existing local entrepreneurial and economic ideas into viable projects that can create employment and a better way of life, while stimulating the development of citizens from the areas comprising the Golden Acres CDC and later beyond to other communities.
To develop technical strategies including engaging trained youths from the New Horizons Skill training Facility to build machinery for the empowerment of existing local entrepreneurial ventures and economic ideas to improve their productivity for greater earnings which will lead to a sense of increased hope, cohesion and community spirit.
|Currently Employs||10 Persons|
NeedsTraining for the wider community and youth in business planning , proposal writing and project management
To get the continued funding support for participants in the various training areas, literacy and numeracy programmes.
To develop core leaderships skills within willing participants from the community
ChallengesFunding for machinery, tools, training personnel, courses development training etc.
Assistance in alleviating the subsistence existence, through “seeding” of funds for the establishment of sustainable enterprises.
Developing younger citizens to have community responsibility.
ContactsMichael Barnett, Executive Director
New Horizon Christian Outreach Ministries.
Operators of the New Horizons Skills Training Facility
981 – 2125/881 – 8324