Seven Rivers Herbs & Spices
- Group Name: Pisgah Community Development Committee
- Project Name: Seven Rivers Herbs & Spices
- Type of Venture: Agro Processing – Chocolate Balls
- Start Date: July 2010
Description of Project:The Seven Rivers Herbs & Spices Project is about the production and marketing of chocolate balls, dried herbs & spices such as cerasee, lemon grass & pimento mainly for the export market. The economic benefits for the community are minimal, but are still able to make an impact for three single parent families in the community. The reintroduction of a processing plant in the community is expected to boost both production as well as increase employment for other families.
Aim of the project:We aim to expand production to supply the demand of both the Local & International markets as well as create employment for single parent families by:
- Upgrading & expanding the production site at Pisgah
- Improving the production of Chocolate Balls
- Increased marketing and selling of Chocolate Balls
- Providing employment for community members ( Single Parent Families)
- To increase quantity of chocolate balls to supply the demand of the export market.
- To Re-establish mechanized production site in Pisgah.
- To provide employment for residents
Pisgah Community Development Committee is geared toward improving all aspects of the community’s life and livelihood, making Pisgah the place of choice to live, raise family, work and do business”
The Pisgah Community Development Committee seeks to improve the quality of life and livelihood of residents in the community. The community will identify and utilize all resources that will improve the, education, Infrastructure, socio-economic & social environmental facets of the community.
|Currently Employs||3 Persons|
NeedsTraining in Business Planning and Project Management.
ChallengesFunding for machinery to facilitate the re-establishment of mechanical processing of chocolate at the factory
ContactsMs Pamela Stevens,