The Community Incentive and Grants Programme (CIGP) is a composite of rewards and recognition for community groups and other stakeholders who have contributed significantly to the process of community development. Specifically, the CIPG is the single programme that organizes the framework for the distribution of all incentives and grants emanating from the various core actions of the SDC. The programme seeks to bolster community participation in developmental activities through rewards and incentives.
PROGRAMME GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The main goal of the CIGP is to bolster community participation in development activities through the issuance of grants/awards/incentives for their involvement in SDC’s major programmes. The central objective is to create a platform for community groups and stakeholders to be given incentives and grants.
PROGRAMME EXPECTED OUTPUTS
- Establishment of 13 Parish Incentives and Grants Committees
- Quarterly distribution of CDC Administrative Grants
- Hosting of 13 parish award functions
- 179 Community Awards Distributed
PROGRAMME EXPECTED OUTCOMES
- Increased awareness of the SDC and its programmes
- Increase in number of community led initiatives arising from programmatic areas
- Increased volunteerism in parishes
- Increase relationship with the community and SDC
- Improved relationship with mainstream media
- Uniform Branding and increase visibility